Thursday, September 6, 2012

Go to the lab

Finally got to run out to AlphaCine today to drop off some film.  Dropped off the 35mm from our test with the Arri IIC, Super8 film for the Belltown Arts Revue & Matoe Messina (Composer for "Juno").  Plus I found some of the missing Super 16mm that has b-roll for me & Max's Under The Needle project.  So going out there is always fun & even more exciting when I get to pic this stuff back up!

Here is a video of the first 400' of Super16mm I got scanned there.  It's all shot on a K3 with a Meteor 17-69 t1.9.  The footage I found at AlphaCine this last time was shot on the K3 with a Pentax 55mm f1.4 and that stuff looks twice as sharp than the footage below.  The lens is built for 35mm, so on my K3 it's focal length is actually 110mm.  I'm guessing it looks twice as sharp because the rear element sending the light to the mirror is twice the diameter, thus an increase in light information.

Super 16mm from James Reeves on Vimeo.



These shots are of my K3 when I was switching out the gate for Super16.

No comments:

Post a Comment