Saturday, September 15, 2012

Rupert Sanders Review Part 1



Not many people recognize the name Rupert Sanders, however I have been a fan for a couple years and am constantly professing that Mr. Sanders is going to become a big time Director in the future.  In school I had a special projects class where I was assigned to find a couple mentors.  I sent out some emails and made some calls & found two people to help guide me, give me feedback, and tell me when I'm doing something wrong.  Those two people were Billy Summers & Rupert Sanders.  I contacted Rupert being a fan of his HTDA music video to mentor me in this project, little did I realize I was talking to this genius Director.



Rupert Sanders more known for his successful commercial work he has racked up some very impressive awards while producing some of the best commercials the television set has witnessed in recent years.  2006 "Xbox Joy" OneShow: Bronze, 2007 "Sears" CLIOS: Gold "Sears" AICP: Gold "Toyota" AICP: Gold "Sony PS3" Andys: Gold, 2008 "Halo 3" Cannes: Grand Prix "Halo 3" Andys: Grandy "Halo 3" OneShow: Gold "Monster.com" OneShow: Gold.



2012 marks Rupert's first big feature "Snow White & The Huntsman".  This is where my review will venture.  To conduct my full review I'll be juxtaposing three sources for cinematic analysis.  One, I will watch the film & listen to the commentary featuring Rupert Sanders, Visual Effects Supervisor Cedric Nicolas-Troyan & Co-Editor Neil Smith.  Two, I will be listening to the VFX Show discussing the film with Mike Seymour, Matt Wallin, & Jason Diamond.  Last, I'll be using myself as the fan base & comparing this film to his other work.




No comments:

Post a Comment