Monday, October 15, 2012

Patricia Norris Production & Costume Designer



This was generally to serve the purpose of doing a homework assignment in my "Art Direction" class.  Coming back to the AiS I hadn't used the studio space or gear there in a bit, I wanted to practice some lighting and the use of the HPX & it's work flow.  Plus, I wanted to attempt in actually capturing decent audio myself.


Tech specs:
Camera: Panasonic HPX-370 Fuji Zoom Lens, f1.8 1/60 AVCI-100HD 24PN CineLike D (default settings)
Lights: Over head practicals, Arri Mixed (150w,350w, 600w), Mole Richardson Inbetweenie ( 200w(3)), Mole Richardson 2,000w babyzip.
Audio: Senn something shotgun, AT wired lav.

I suppose that I pretty much just let the typical fall color scheme effect my taste here a bit too much.  It most certainly looks over lit to me.  Plus because of all the tungsten bulbs, I wasn't taking into effect the addition of warm gel on-top of warm color temp. bulbs.  The final result we see in the video I had corrected quite a bit pulling the midtones way over to cyan/blue just to cool down my flesh tones.  I am not that "into myself" I tried to get other people on camera, but I literally had no one else available to interview.  I suppose this is a good example of what you can achieve with a little bit of work, this is a one man production, lit, shot, audio, design, directed???  Just overall fun practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment