Sunday, June 2, 2024

PWNAGOTCHI - TRY 1 FAIL

First crack at putting my first Pwnagotchi together didn't end in success.  All process is always learning no matter how unsuccessful it goes.

The goal here was to build my first Pwnagothci with the following hardware:
Waveshare V4
Raspberry Pi Zero WH
Pi Suger 1200mAh

Of course there are some more tools, primarily software required additionally to make this work.  
I will try another crack at putting mine together.  After the first try a few things happened in the process that I am taking away as the "issue".  One, the USB>>>MICRO USB cable is questionable on whether or not it transmits data.  The Rasp Zero board does illuminate green, and I even got the WaveShare V4 to read out my Ai, so I did see it work for a little bit.  However even after installing and running down a bug through the CMD I was not able to get the Pwnagotchi to mount as a new USB comp/lpi hardware.  This suggests the cable was not actually working.  
It was cool to see Tiger Cock come to life, but unfortunately this led to me having to pull the plug and have possibly destroyed the micro SD used to flash the Ai and possibly the Tigercock hardware itself.  Also, after running the CMD lines I realized I'm not running the Admin user on my windows 10 machine...topic for another time, but that could also be why it was not mounting.
Regardless, this was a somewhat frustrating learning experience that I'll revisit.  Ordered more payload bread and proper cabling.  We'll try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment